Monday, January 7, 2013

Maison de Monet - Day #6

I was going through some old photos on the computer
 looking for images to use on my new website. 

A photo from a visit to Giverney popped up.



Maison de Monet
6" x 8"  oil on panel

I have been wanting to paint it in oil for a while.
I have done a watercolor from the photo in the past.
None too successfully.

Maybe my theme for the 30 in 30 Challenge should be:
"Photos that I have always meant to paint".

Unless we get some really nice days
then I will go outside to paint.




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful composition. I think this one is very successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. I'm thinking of a theme, too. I want to experiment for the first 15 days and then spend the second 15 days doing something themewise, to work on that type of painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Maison de Monet" is a wonderful piece. Love your choice of colors and the impressionistic style is lovely. Thank you for sharing it with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am still working on another Giverney painting. Keep an eye out...

      Delete