Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 25 - 30 Paintings - Caribbean Blue Playtime

I've been experimenting with my new tube
of Caribbean Blue paint from my recent
 transparent oils workshop with Dreama Tolle Perry.

This is probably her key pigment color
and it is quite versatile.


This has reproduced with colors that look
 a little more lurid than they actually are in person.

This blue is made with pthalo blue but somehow
it does not take over too much
and it seems to play well with the other colors.

I under painted this one with Indian yellow, Sap Green,
 Transparent Red Med., Diox. Purple and ?

Then I went over it with variations of the 
Caribbean Blue straight from the tube
and mixed with white.
It was fun to see how the next layer mixed with the 
transparents in the underpainting.
a bit, but not quite like watercolor.


No comments:

Post a Comment