Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Visit to Monet's Garden

I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago
 and made another visit to Giverney to see Monet's Garden.



The cherries were in bloom in front of Monet's iconic pink and green house.

I walked to the other side of the garden
 and sat for a while on a bench near the pond.

My sister Mary was with me.
She sat alongside me and read while I did a little painted sketch.


Here is the sepia drawing I did with my new waterproof sepia sharpie.
Thanks Dawn, for the gift of the soon to be discontinued color!




Here is my finished sketch.
Well it's not mine anymore, I gave it to Mary as a keepsake of an absolutely perfect day.
It was all too short a visit as always.

I took lots of photos so I hope to do a few more paintings
in the coming months.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Hope to see some of those paintings at the upcoming show.

    ReplyDelete