Friday, November 30, 2012

CFB Calendar 2013


The Dorothy Barn
2013 Calendar "Girl"




This is the second year that I have been asked to do the Community First Bank Calendar.  Last year the Calendar "girl" was the historic Pearson House in Keosauqua, Iowa.

This is not the view of the barn that was actually selected but I thought that I would go through the process to record it for blog posterity.

The second black and white photo with the grid is from and App on my iPad called Accuvue.  There is also an Accudraw.  I use this App to get the proportions correct as I am portraying a local landmark and want to get it right.  There isn't much artistic license going on here.  It is fun to use Accuvue because you can crop, grid, adjust values and save your ideas to look at later.

Sometimes a few days distance from your subjects helps one to make a decision.

This view is how you see the barn from the road and while it has great dramatic lighting it poses challenges due to the offset roofline.  It is also literally the broad side of the barn.

So I decided to look at it from another viewpoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment